"Awesome job - 100% Satisfaction!!!" - Lynn P., Springfield
We have provided answers to some common questions we receive from our customers.
- Do I need an appointment to visit US Marble & Granite? An appointment is appreciated but in no way mandatory. In general, there is always someone available during business hours in our showroom and fabrication facility. See our Contact Us page for all contact information and business hours.
- What is the difference between Granite, Marble, and Quartz? The main difference between all three is that Granite and Marble are natural stone while Quartz is a machine processed natural stone.
- Is there maintenance with my countertops? Natural stone surfaces are really simple to care for. Simply use soap and water to clean the surface and avoid harsh chemicals. We will leave you with a cleaner that is manufactured for USMG as well. Our granite sealer is rated for 15 years.
- What do I do with my sink(s)? With our latest technology we have the ability to cut any sink or surface unit opening. "Under mounted" sinks (sinks that are mounted under the counter top, you don't see any of the rim) are fully cut out, then the inside is polished. At USMG, we have a wide variety of sinks on display to show our customers options.
- What are seams? Seams are where the two pieces of stone are joined together. The seams are joined with epoxy that is mixed with the color that closely matches the stone. USMG's fabrication and installation teams take pride in having the best looking seams in the industry, hands down. Our craftsmanship is the best.
- Does my stone slab/counter require seams? And will they show? Because stone is a natural material and is mined from the quarry in blocks usually no more than 10 feet long, your countertop could have seams. USMG's skilled fabrication department will work with you in planning your project to minimize the number of seams and choose the slabs best suited to your unique situation. The visibility of seams will depend on the veining pattern (mineral streaks), the color, and the overall pattern. Most customers have found that the beauty of natural stone outweighs the concern of seams. USMG's all around craftsmanship with our material enhances the natural beauty of your project and is unmatched from our competitors.
- Does granite stain? In general, no. All stone, however, is porous to some extent, but Granite has very little porosity when sealed properly. Our installers will seal the countertops after they are installed. We have had two calls about stains in the last five years and we were able to remove them at no charge to the customer in both cases.
- Does US Marble & Granite use state of the art technology? YES! Every step of the process at US Marble & Granite uses state of the art technology. From templating to fabrication to installation...our facilities and tools are the best industry! As we have said before, quality is what we hang our hat on.