About Quartz Countertops
Quartz countertops have gained popularity in the United States in recent times. The durability and wide range of color options available make quartz countertops a desirable option for your project. Read below to learn more about quartz countertops.
At US Marble & Granite, we have hundreds of options of quartz countertop material for you to choose from. Come take a look at our showroom and explore the many physical samples of Quartz from one of our many suppliers. Come choose a color of Quartz for your countertop that best matches your style!
Quartz countertops are a man-made material despite the natural stone-esque name. Quartz countertop slabs are created by combining roughly 93% ground quartz with 7% resins, polymers, and colors. This combination allows for an endless variety of color options that have a look similar to natural stone. Quartz countertops are made with a blend of stone and resin, this blend creates a very hard surface, much like granite. The pattern depends on the texture of the stone used in the process. Different colors are produced by adding different pigments during the manufacturing process.
- Quartz countertops are a durable countertop option.
- Quartz countertops are stain resistant.
- Quartz countertops are low maintenance.
- Quartz countertops are NOT heat resistant.
- Quartz countertops offer a wide variety of colors and patterns.
- Quartz is gaining popularity as a top choice for countertop surfaces.